Luke Rowe is hoping for a smooth run through Sunday’s Tour of Flanders after producing another strong ride to sixth at Dwars door Vlaanderen.
Moscon, who is riding back into form after recovering from the effects of a tough crash at the UAE Tour, launched an attack of his own with 20 kilometres to race. His attempt to bridge across to the leaders was unsuccessful but it will be a confidence booster ahead of the Monuments to come. Van Baarle also looked comfortable on his return to the cobbles after breaking his hand at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad.
Rowe missed Opening Weekend in Belgium due to illness so has relished being back on the cobbles over the past week.
I just want to get a smooth run and deliver the best result possible.
1. Mathieu van der Poel (Correndon-Circus) 4:05:54
2. Anthony Turgis (Direct Energie) s.t.
3. Bob Jungels (Deceuninck-Quick-Step)
4. Lukas Postlberger (Bora-Hansgrohe)
5. Tiesj Benoot (Lotto Soudal)
6. Luke Rowe (Team Sky) +18”